Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
BETA ended - quick poll commenting feature (now disabled)
Initiator des Themas: Jon Peck
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spanien
Local time: 15:06
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch
+ ...
Thin end of the wedge? I hope not Feb 12, 2010

Anthony Baldwin wrote:

I don't want a third party system.
I'm uncomfortable with that.

As others have said, I am a member of ProZ and if I had wanted to register with social networking providers I would have done so.

I do hope this isn't the thin end of the wedge, with first the QP discussion, then all forums then job posting etc being farmed out to third parties to maximise profits. That's not what I subscribed to.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:06
Französisch > Englisch
Page 1 Feb 12, 2010

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I do hope this isn't the thin end of the wedge, with first the QP discussion, then all forums ...

I raised this on p.1, and Mr Peck said there were "no plans" to do so. Mind you, a cynic might say that means nothing in the way of any kind of assurance whatsoever, and besides, that was Jan 29 and who knows, perhaps a plan has since materialised

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Tschechische Republik
Local time: 16:06
Englisch > Tschechisch
+ ...
I don't like the new interface Feb 12, 2010

Without reading the previous posts, I don't like the new interface. I don't understand why the regular forum interface has been replaced.

John Cutler
John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spanien
Spanisch > Englisch
+ ...
Nay Feb 12, 2010

I'm another nay vote. The old system was much easier to use.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
Englisch > Französisch
+ ...
I do not like it Feb 14, 2010

With the old interface, you did not have to track people all the way to their profile to see where they are located, their language pair(s), etc.
The new interface requires a far better memory or plenty of time to find out who is who, more thoroughly than you want/need.

Or is this just another way to depersonalise discussions/this site? Will the next step be “no more powwows”? Or “no more conferences except on line”?

I see that the old display is still on
... See more
With the old interface, you did not have to track people all the way to their profile to see where they are located, their language pair(s), etc.
The new interface requires a far better memory or plenty of time to find out who is who, more thoroughly than you want/need.

Or is this just another way to depersonalise discussions/this site? Will the next step be “no more powwows”? Or “no more conferences except on line”?

I see that the old display is still on this "discuss the new commenting system" though. I miss the "edit" button - it allowed me to correct spelling mistakes for instance when needed - and I hate the "cancel" button left and the "publish" button right. Very unusual... made me lose several comments.
Collapse

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
Vereinigte Staaten
Local time: 10:06
Mitglied (2004)
Spanisch > Englisch
+ ...
I've stopped commenting on the polls as a result Feb 15, 2010

I'm not going to sign up with nor agree to the terms of some third-party provider.

I joined ProZ because your terms of use were acceptable. I don't know who Echo is and I'm too busy with work to stop and find out. Result: I used to participate in the poll discussions, but won't anymore.

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Englisch
THEMENSTARTER
Commenting returned to forums Feb 19, 2010

Thank you for your feedback and participation in this beta. The decision has been made not to continue with the "Echo" commenting feature. Poll discussions have been returned to the ProZ.com forums. All comments made through the Echo system have been migrated to the forums.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Manager

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
Französisch > Englisch
+ ...
Really good news Feb 19, 2010

Jon Peck wrote:

Thank you for your feedback and participation in this beta. The decision has been made not to continue with the "Echo" commenting feature. Poll discussions have been returned to the ProZ.com forums. All comments made through the Echo system have been migrated to the forums.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Manager

It's encouraging to see the polls return to normal. But there seems to be a bug. The comments by colleagues all have the same heading:
www.proz.com/polls/5974 comments

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Englisch
THEMENSTARTER
The Echo comments had no heading Feb 19, 2010

writeaway wrote:

The comments by colleagues all have the same heading:
www.proz.com/polls/5974 comments

The Echo comments did not contain headings, titles or subjects; just the comment itself and who posted it. Therefore, I used something neutral as the post titles instead. No data was lost.

Andrea Jarmuschewski
Andrea Jarmuschewski  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Mitglied (2007)
Französisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Thanks Jon Feb 19, 2010

It is great that you listened to the Proz community.

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Französisch > Englisch
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 19, 2010

I don't know to what extent our comments played a role in changing the Quick Poll format, but I certainly feel that we've been "listened to" and I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Deutsch > Französisch
+ ...
Thank you Jon Feb 22, 2010

I feel the same as Andrea and Jocelyne

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

Dieses Forum wird von keinem Moderator betreut.
Um Verstöße gegen die ProZ.com-Regeln zu melden oder um Hilfe zu erhalten, wenden Sie sich bitte an unsere ProZ.com-Mitarbeiter »

BETA ended - quick poll commenting feature (now disabled)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »