Looking for FR>EN dictionary software
Автор темы: Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:53
русский => английский
Sep 9, 2011

I used to use Le Collins & Robert dictionary on OS X. It runs under Rosetta and OS X Lion doesn't have Rosetta so I'm on the lookout to get a replacement. However I can't seem to be able to find anything. Any recommendations? Mac is preferable, but I use Windows in Parallels so that would also be suitable if there's a better solution.

I can't believe how hard it is to find something. Even Le Collins that I used before seems impossible to find!

MartinPorto
MartinPorto  Identity Verified
Португалия
французский => английский
+ ...
OXFORD HACHETTE Sep 9, 2011

Hi Alan

I have a few on CD Rom, the Collins & Robert very good indeed! The Oxford-Harraps is also very good, one I would recommend for technical is the Routledge Technical, I have had this for years, hard copies, and also on CD Rom, its excellent! but is very expensive!

Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
Франция
Local time: 13:53
Screen size problems with Collins-Robert Sep 9, 2011

Hi Alan,
I have the Collins-Robert, but I have an issue with it in that often the last lines of an entry will appear to be off of the bottom of the page. Obviously, it's the kind of thing that sounds like it should be easy to fix but I haven't managed to sort it yet.
Something to look out for.

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
русский => английский
Автор темы
lunchtime Sep 9, 2011

I've found the Oxford Hachette and the Collins Robert for PC. Reviews are thin on the ground, so I'm just going to have to jump on one.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

MartinPorto
MartinPorto  Identity Verified
Португалия
+ ...
Dicos Sep 9, 2011

Just a last comment, I think the Collins Robert has the edge! Richer content, loads of good features, but the Hachette is also very good, I have run all of them under XP Pro, and Vista Business, no problems at all, but for one small exception, the Routledge Technical will only display at abot quartrer screen size or full screen, but it in no way does this affect its use, thery are all great tools!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for FR>EN dictionary software

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »