Martina Klammer
Martina Klammer
Austria
Local time: 15:54
Italian to German
+ ...
Feb 7

Dear collegues,

I own a Trados 2022 license, but for some time now the search function stopped working. I can see a second window appear on the taskbar, but I cannot click on it. This prevents me from searching terms and from replacing them. I use two displays, but the search window is not to be found in either one.

I already tried resetting the window layout, as sugested in an other thread but that did not change anything. Of course, I also restarted the programm and e
... See more
Dear collegues,

I own a Trados 2022 license, but for some time now the search function stopped working. I can see a second window appear on the taskbar, but I cannot click on it. This prevents me from searching terms and from replacing them. I use two displays, but the search window is not to be found in either one.

I already tried resetting the window layout, as sugested in an other thread but that did not change anything. Of course, I also restarted the programm and even my computer, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Please help

Best wishes to all of you.
Martina
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I had the same problem Feb 7

To fix it, open the search dialog by clicking Ctrl+F, and then click Alt+Space.
Then, click once on the arrow down key and press Enter.

Now use the arrow keys to move the dialog left\right\up\down until it is visible again.

Hope it helps.

Jaime Oriard

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:54
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Taskbar settings Feb 7

Hi Martina,

It might be because of your Windows settings.
If you are using Windows 11, right click on your taskbar ->expand "Taskbar behaviors"> For the option "When using multiple displays, show my taskbar apps on" choose "Taskbar where windows is open".

I have "automatically hide the taskbar" option unchecked and the options related to "Combine taskbar buttons..." set to "Never".

Hope this helps!

Martina Klammer
Martina Klammer
Austria
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Thank you! Feb 7

I tried different settings of the taskbar, but it did not work. I then opened the task manager and clicked on the search window there > maximised it and then it reappeared!!

Thank you for your help!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
My approach Feb 8

I recognize this behavior.

My approach is to switch to another Windows editor, press Ctrl+F there and then return to Trados.

Looks like Ctrl+F sometimes gets hijacked in Trados ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CTRL+F does not work (Trados 2022)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »