MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Alemanha
Local time: 14:00
italiano para alemão
+ ...
Jun 24, 2011

Hello,

finally I've decided to install my Thunderbird Portable v.3.1.11 e-mail program into a USB-stick in order to access my messages from all possible computers.
So, I backed up and re-copied my "profiles" and have created a new IMAP-account (losing about 100 mails in the process, but this is another story).

My lesson taken after manipulating profiles for backups etc: Be sure to be OFFLINE when re-copying profiles as doing so will left your possible incomming m
... See more
Hello,

finally I've decided to install my Thunderbird Portable v.3.1.11 e-mail program into a USB-stick in order to access my messages from all possible computers.
So, I backed up and re-copied my "profiles" and have created a new IMAP-account (losing about 100 mails in the process, but this is another story).

My lesson taken after manipulating profiles for backups etc: Be sure to be OFFLINE when re-copying profiles as doing so will left your possible incomming mails on the server!

I have 2 questions:

a)
I would like to have my Incoming Messages (Deutsch: Posteingang) received into the Incoming folder of my **Local Folders**. Is this possible? I haven't found any controls in the settings "Konten-Einstellungen" so far.

[SOLVED]>>TAB ADVANCED IN SETTINGS

b)
Where in the settings do you control that your messages on the Server are NOT deleted when importing into Thunderbird?

[SOLVED]

Thanks for any help!

[Edited at 2011-06-25 04:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-06-25 15:42 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Alemanha
Local time: 14:00
italiano para alemão
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
b) is solved... Jun 25, 2011

Hi,
I've changed back my account to POP (re-creating an account) as in these settings it's possible to keep e-mails on the Server (as this is possible, then what's sense of IMAP.

Still I didn't find out why in my old configuration there was only my Local Folder showing, where I did receive all my incommings; in my new configuration after creating a new account there is also a folder structure "[email protected]"
... See more
Hi,
I've changed back my account to POP (re-creating an account) as in these settings it's possible to keep e-mails on the Server (as this is possible, then what's sense of IMAP.

Still I didn't find out why in my old configuration there was only my Local Folder showing, where I did receive all my incommings; in my new configuration after creating a new account there is also a folder structure "[email protected]" and all the incommings are getting there (but not filtered any more like before, and therefore I must transfer all the folders from the Local Folder).

I worry about these differences being important maybe messing up things.
If so, I still thank you for any feedback.
Mike

[Edited at 2011-06-25 04:07 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[SOLVED] Thunderbird Portable - Incoming messages HowTo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »