PDF files conversion
Thread poster: Claudia Papurello
Claudia Papurello
Claudia Papurello
Local time: 18:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2004

I have a document to translate in a PDF format in Adobe Acrobat. It would be great if I could work directly on the document, is there a way to convert the file so I can modify the document?
Thanks

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:48
English to German
+ ...
Search the forums - plenty of information available Feb 18, 2004

Hi Claudia,
I guess this almost qualifies as a frequently-asked question. Please use the Search function on the left to search the forums for "PDF" or "PDF conversion" - you should get plenty of hits.

HTH, Ralf

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
French to English
PDF Converter Feb 18, 2004

Claudia

To save you wading through a lot of replies, youe best bet is almost certainly PDF Converter which costs about 50 dollars BUT which you can download for a free trial from (for example): http://www.simtel.com/product.php?id=75177&sekid=221&SiteID=simtel.net
It's certainly far and away the best product I know
Regards

Barnab
... See more
Claudia

To save you wading through a lot of replies, youe best bet is almost certainly PDF Converter which costs about 50 dollars BUT which you can download for a free trial from (for example): http://www.simtel.com/product.php?id=75177&sekid=221&SiteID=simtel.net
It's certainly far and away the best product I know
Regards

Barnaby
Collapse

ILKER GELIR
ILKER GELIR  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
pdf conversion Feb 18, 2004

if you installed ABBY FINE READER VERSION 7, you can convert pdf by using ocr into word format. In this way, format is not spoiled. Adobe converts into Word, however, the format is spoiled in their own version.

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 16:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Conversion Feb 18, 2004

Claudia,
you can also do it going into Save and select Text file. However, you have to clean the file. Also, there is a very nice software that I use, it´s called OMNIPAGE. It's not too expensive and it is great. Hope it helps you.

Saludos,

Dinorah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF files conversion

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »