Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you read the news or some other activity before starting work for the day?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:33
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Strange indeed! Oct 4, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

Teresa Borges wrote:

.... I always watch the news while I’m eating it

Not easy to do....

I wonder what would happen to my body if I ate the news every morning, I would have died from indigestion long ago…

expressisverbis
Liena Vijupe
Tom in London

Stephanie Mitchel
Stephanie Mitchel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:33
French to English
Grab-and-go news Oct 4, 2022

Headline news on NPR or the CBC; quick looks at the NY Times or Le Monde on my phone during coffee; Le Journal on France 24 if I'm working out; Marketplace on NPR before dinner; and, if I can manage it in the evening, some of Democracy Now! on PBS.

Almost always some -- but never all -- of the above. Not a news junkie, just doing my civic duty...

Younes TAZI
Younes TAZI  Identity Verified
Morocco
Member (2018)
English to French
+ ...
Yes Oct 4, 2022

I read the news or check my email on my mobile, watch TV while I have breakfast, run errands for the house if necessary, then start work.
If I have an urgent job, I wake up early to do it and then have breakfast.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:33
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes Oct 4, 2022

Yes, I read alternative information channels in Telegram.

Luciana da Costa Monteiro
Luciana da Costa Monteiro  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:33
English to Portuguese
Breakfast, news and exercise Oct 4, 2022

I usually listen to the news after breakfast, and start working after. I'm trying to include the exercise as well...

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Yes Oct 4, 2022

Up at 6am to walk the dog, every day of the year, in the woodland next to my house. When we get home, he has his breakfast and I have one black coffee while reading the headlines, unless there are emails requiring responses from clients, in which case I give them priority.

Dan

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 02:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes Oct 5, 2022

I usually have a quick look at proz/kudoz (like I'm doing now) and then a swift perusal of the headlines before getting down to work

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you read the news or some other activity before starting work for the day?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »