Mohamed Haroun Mustafa
Mohamed Haroun Mustafa  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 21, 2021

Hi All,

I do need a high-quality wired & wireless headset with crystal clear sound and incoming/outgoing noise cancellation.
It should also be ergonomic and extremely comfortable for lengthy sessions of distance interpreting. You know the feeling!

Sharing your own experience with specific models is most appreciated.

Thank you!
Mohamed

Jabra Evolve 75 Sep 24, 2021

I've been using this headset at work and love it. It's wireless and can connect to multiple sources simultaneously over Bluetooth, the noise cancellation is good, etc. I wouldn't want to wear it (or any headset) for 8 hours a day, but a couple hours at a time is OK. So good thought about buying it for private use but got something else that was better for music

Mohamed Haroun Mustafa
Mohamed Haroun Mustafa  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Over ear vs On ear Sep 24, 2021

Michael Schroeder wrote:

I've been using this headset at work and love it. It's wireless and can connect to multiple sources simultaneously over Bluetooth, the noise cancellation is good, etc. I wouldn't want to wear it (or any headset) for 8 hours a day, but a couple hours at a time is OK. So good thought about buying it for private use but got something else that was better for music

Thank you Michael for sharing your experience.

This particular headset, however, is an On-Ear one.
The Over-Ear ones are more comfortable for long sessions.

Tom in London

mughwI
mughwI
United States
Local time: 16:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
This is the one I use Sep 24, 2021

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/gaming_headset/quietcomfort-35-gaming-headset.html#ProductTabs_tab999

Great all-around headset. Super comfortable.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:29
French to English
+ ...
You may want to stay wired Sep 24, 2021

I agree with mughwI, Bose QC series is excellent, but if you want it for interpreting, you may want to stay in wired mode - not because of sound quality, but because the wireless channel adds about 50 milliseconds of delay. As little as it seems, it is already noticeable - in fact, the ear can detect 15 ms - and the sidetone (i.e. your own voice heard in the headset) may be quite annoying when delayed by 100 ms (50 ms each way - from the microphone to the computer and from the computer to... See more
I agree with mughwI, Bose QC series is excellent, but if you want it for interpreting, you may want to stay in wired mode - not because of sound quality, but because the wireless channel adds about 50 milliseconds of delay. As little as it seems, it is already noticeable - in fact, the ear can detect 15 ms - and the sidetone (i.e. your own voice heard in the headset) may be quite annoying when delayed by 100 ms (50 ms each way - from the microphone to the computer and from the computer to the headphones), especially if you are doing simultaneous interpreting. This is the same as the echo you may hear when making a VoIP call over a low-quality Internet connection.

[Edited at 2021-09-24 18:17 GMT]
Collapse

mughwI
Mr. Satan (X)
Cecilia Gowar

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 22:29
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Recommendation. Sep 28, 2021

You may wanna try this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-wh-1000xm4-wireless-noise-cancelling-over-the-ear-headphones-black/6408356.p?skuId=6408356

Very comfy cushions, smooth sound and very reliable.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

High-quality headset

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »