How to translate Trados projects?
投稿者: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
オランダ
2006に入会
ドイツ語 から オランダ語
Sep 25, 2022

I don’t like it when segments in Trados projects are populated with fuzzy matches. I prefer these segments to be empty and see the fuzzy match in the memory pane, where the differences are marked.

More important: segments populated with fuzzy matches hinder the feature to navigate to the next untranslated segment (CT considers them to be translated!): Ctrl+Enter.

So here is what I do:
- Filter on segments with fuzzy matches: menu Filter > Origin > Fuzzy matche
... See more
I don’t like it when segments in Trados projects are populated with fuzzy matches. I prefer these segments to be empty and see the fuzzy match in the memory pane, where the differences are marked.

More important: segments populated with fuzzy matches hinder the feature to navigate to the next untranslated segment (CT considers them to be translated!): Ctrl+Enter.

So here is what I do:
- Filter on segments with fuzzy matches: menu Filter > Origin > Fuzzy matches.
- Via the Task menu I delete all filtered segments.

Now I can start with a “clean” project.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate Trados projects?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »