Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Any possibility to translate Across projects in other tools?
Thread poster: Andrej
Andrej
Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:08
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There is a huge demand Jan 27, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

if there is really a demand for these types of files?

Hello Paul, I know approximately ten GE-RU translators who would be really glad to get such option in Trados. And this is only my friends and only one language pair. Across is widely used particularly in German projects and many translators are frustrated and dissatisfied with this tool. There are a lot of threads about this in different forums and web sites.

[Edited at 2011-01-27 11:01 GMT]

Max Chernov
Max Chernov
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:08
Russian to German
+ ...
TMX and Across... Feb 19, 2011

Andrej wrote:

SDL Support wrote:

if there is really a demand for these types of files?

Hello Paul, I know approximately ten GE-RU translators who would be really glad to get such option in Trados. And this is only my friends and only one language pair. Across is widely used particularly in German projects and many translators are frustrated and dissatisfied with this tool. There are a lot of threads about this in different forums and web sites.

[Edited at 2011-01-27 11:01 GMT]

I would like to apologize to break into a conversation in good time... Andrej, that's certainly, all good enough, but, in my humble opinion, this is simply an another attempt to show that every company just wants to be the first in the market. Those programs are noncompatible at all, and I don't think, that there will ever be a moment, when they will be compatible, I mean, that they will easy open files, that are made for an other system. Sadly...

[Редактировалось 2011-02-19 22:01 GMT]

Jsmithtranslate
Jsmithtranslate
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
German to English
Can you access Across termbase in other CAT tools? May 20, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

You can find detailed information on translating Across projects with Deja Vu X at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/message/103080?var=1

Hi Selcuk,

I'm interested in the link you posted (although well aware that I'm joining this thread rather late!). Do you know if there's also a way to use crossTerm and crossTank outside of Across? I've been asked to translate a project outside of Across in TMX format using a similar method to the one you posted, but the problem is that I can't access the crossTerm database as I no longer have an Across login. Is there a similar workaround for this?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help,

Jane

KarnEvil (X)
KarnEvil (X)
South Africa
Local time: 03:08
German to English
+ ...
Who says that Across May 20, 2013

cannot handle XLIFF and TTX? Look at the latest version (5.7). By the way, I am using this version and MS SQL 2012. It is faster than any other CAT (maybe with the exception of OmegaT).

Frankly, I don't understand why some (or many) hate Across. Because it's different? The GUI is old-fashioned? It runs on a Microsoft database? Or because it's free of charge for freelance translators, while other CATs cost 600 - 800 Euro?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
In the latest version... Jun 6, 2013

.... can Across provide a bilingual file such as XLIFF or TTX for other tools to use? This was the question, and so far I believe the only way to handle translations that originated in Across is to take the TMX from Across and then translate that and put it back as Selcuk suggested.

Is the situation different now?

Regards
... See more
.... can Across provide a bilingual file such as XLIFF or TTX for other tools to use? This was the question, and so far I believe the only way to handle translations that originated in Across is to take the TMX from Across and then translate that and put it back as Selcuk suggested.

Is the situation different now?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Adrian Godfrey
Adrian Godfrey
Luxembourg
German to English
+ ...
Getting information from across Feb 22, 2014

Probably because there is no technical documentation for across, not even a list of which tables, let alone what they contain and the actual structure.

I would love to process CWUs in Studio or even TagEditor No chance unless those across customers actually send the original file, but even then you have to process it first in Studio and then either import the TMX and/or a lot of copying and pasting from your sdlxliff or TTX into across.

SDL Support wrote:

I am not sure if such a filter can be created in OpenExchange.

Hi Selcuk,

What makes you think this? I would be very surprised if this was so.

Regards

Paul

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Across projects in other CAT tools May 2

Sorry to reactivate this this old thread in my search for solutions suitable for handling Across projects in other CAT tools. Specifically, I am looking for methods to apply Trados Studio 2021 or memoQ 10.6 as these are parts of my collection.

In the last 10 years, have there been any improvements for exporting projects from Across in a format suitable for other tools? I worked with Across some years ago, but after it had finally crashed my operating system I promised myself never
... See more
Sorry to reactivate this this old thread in my search for solutions suitable for handling Across projects in other CAT tools. Specifically, I am looking for methods to apply Trados Studio 2021 or memoQ 10.6 as these are parts of my collection.

In the last 10 years, have there been any improvements for exporting projects from Across in a format suitable for other tools? I worked with Across some years ago, but after it had finally crashed my operating system I promised myself never to touch that software again.

However, as one of my clients applies Across, I intend to give them detailed instructions how to export projects prior to translation and later import the outcome from my side, i.e. I do not intend to install Across on my end.

Any suggestions or hints are welcome. Thanks a lot in advance!

[Modifié le 2024-05-02 12:40 GMT]

[Modifié le 2024-05-02 12:40 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any possibility to translate Across projects in other tools?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »