Volunteers Wanted: Reviewing English-to-Spanish Translations
Thread poster: Marna Renteria
Marna Renteria
Marna Renteria  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:55
Spanish to English
Jul 20, 2009

I am looking for English-to-Spanish translators willing to volunteer to review a couple of translations done by some college students. This project was to help a non-profit organization translate some documents. Some translation students volunteered to do the work, and in return, the organization will donate computers to graduating high-school students headed for college! Any interest? Again: This is just to review the translations and pr... See more
I am looking for English-to-Spanish translators willing to volunteer to review a couple of translations done by some college students. This project was to help a non-profit organization translate some documents. Some translation students volunteered to do the work, and in return, the organization will donate computers to graduating high-school students headed for college! Any interest? Again: This is just to review the translations and provide feedback.Collapse

María Teresa Herrera
María Teresa Herrera  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Volunteer for proofreading Jul 20, 2009

Hello Chiriz:

I think it is very encouraging for students to practice their skills helping a non-profit organization. I can help you with pleasure. Please let me know how they want the review; if tracking changes and comments is enough or if there is some other requirements. If you need more info about me or something; also let me know.

Maria T. Herrera

Gemma Sanza Porcar
Gemma Sanza Porcar  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:55
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
Me too Jul 21, 2009

Gemma

Daiana Siri
Daiana Siri
Argentina
Local time: 00:55
English to Spanish
Me too Jul 21, 2009

Hi Chris:

I would be please to help!

Daiana

Marna Renteria
Marna Renteria  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, all! Jul 21, 2009

Tracked changes is fine! Thank you for your willingness! I will be contacting you, then!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Count me in! Jul 22, 2009

Please do count me in! I will love to help if there is enough to do for four people.

I was wondering: As I reckon that these reviews are really aimed towards showing your college students where they need improvement, wouldn't it make sense to deliver a separate file with some quick comments about the major issues, along with the review-marked document? I don't mean a detailed report, just a quick list of things to check more carefully in any professional work done later on.

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just saw this Jul 22, 2009

If you need more people, I'd be happy to help. It sounds like a great project.

Good luck!

Lucía

Eliana Calderón
Eliana Calderón  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
I WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU Aug 20, 2009

Hi my name in Proz is Tamarita and your project seems great, you can count on me if you still need more people, when can I start????

Kind regards

Tamarita

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Volunteers Wanted: Reviewing English-to-Spanish Translations

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »