Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
インド
Local time: 16:16
2008に入会
英語 から ヒンディー語
+ ...
May 5, 2006

I have a broadband internet connection through telephone (ADSL Router)and it is not a dial-up connection. I don't have constant connectivity and the indicator for ADSL in the Routers sometimes keep blinking and I don't get connectivity until it blinks. I have been told to remove all the three plugs from the Router and then insert the same. It sometimes fixes the problem but it does not happen always.

How can I get rid of this problem? Thank you very much in advance.

Arturo Mannino
Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
スペイン
Local time: 12:46
2003に入会
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
It can depend on several factors May 11, 2006

First, you should try to solve the problem by resetting the router. This usually solves many common problems. You can reset your router by pushing the Reset button, if available, or simply by desconnecting it from the mains.

If things don't go better, you can try to use another router / modem: some modems and routers are very bad products which won't work good even on a state-of-the-art telephone line.

If this does not work, things could become more complicated: your IS
... See more
First, you should try to solve the problem by resetting the router. This usually solves many common problems. You can reset your router by pushing the Reset button, if available, or simply by desconnecting it from the mains.

If things don't go better, you can try to use another router / modem: some modems and routers are very bad products which won't work good even on a state-of-the-art telephone line.

If this does not work, things could become more complicated: your ISP could be one who's not precisely known to be a good one; or your telephone system could be old or faulty...

Anyway, if things dont't go better by resetting the router, the first thing I would do is calling the ISP and ask for advice.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Faulty internet connectivity

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »