Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
Fransa
Local time: 08:15
Üye (2002)
Fransızca > İngilizce
+ ...
Jan 18, 2006

Some time ago my mouse started acting as a Spanish dictionary - displaying the Spanish (in very small type) of any English word that I hover over when I am using Internet Explorer. This is weird because I live in France, the main language on the computer is French, and I only translate French into English.
Does anyone know how I can get rid of it, or better still, change it to French.

[Edited at 2006-01-18 22:38]

[Edited at 2006-01-18 22:39]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:15
Üye
İspanyolca
+ ...
Google Toolbar Jan 19, 2006

Do you have google toolbar installed? Google toolbar has a translation feature. If you do have it installed, go to google bar options so you can disable or change the language.

If you don't see the google bar, go to view>toolbar and make sure it's not there.

Good luck

Claudia

Mark Nathan wrote:

Some time ago my mouse started acting as a Spanish dictionary - displaying the Spanish (in very small type) of any English word that I hover over when I am using Internet Explorer. This is weird because I live in France, the main language on the computer is French, and I only translate French into English.

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Fransızca > İngilizce
+ ...
The problem with IE Jan 19, 2006

Mark Nathan wrote:

The problem with IE is it installs things without asking you. Get Firefox, then you won't have to worry about this kind of thing happening, and you can go and find some of the many extensions that are extremely useful for translators.

Mark Nathan
Fransa
Üye (2002)
Fransızca > İngilizce
+ ...
KONUYU BAŞLATAN
Yup, it was the translator settings on the google toolbar - I hadn't noticed there were any. Jan 19, 2006

Thanks a lot

Caliaa wrote:

Do you have google toolbar installed? Google toolbar has a translation feature. If you do have it installed, go to google bar options so you can disable or change the language.

If you don't see the google bar, go to view>toolbar and make sure it's not there.

Good luck

Claudia

Mark Nathan wrote:

Mark Nathan
Fransa
Üye (2002)
Fransızca > İngilizce
+ ...
KONUYU BAŞLATAN
OK, I'll have a look into that. Thanks. Jan 19, 2006

Timothy Barton wrote:

Mark Nathan wrote:

The problem with IE is it installs things without asking you. Get Firefox, then you won't have to worry about this kind of thing happening, and you can go and find some of the many extensions that are extremely useful for translators.

Prokop Vantuch
Prokop Vantuch  Identity Verified
Çek Cumhuriyeti
Üye (2005)
İngilizce > Çekçe
+ ...
Firefox extensions Jan 19, 2006

Timothy Barton wrote:

Hi Timothy!

Could you please tell me something more about the Firefox extensions that are useful for translators? I think I'm aware only of KudoZ toolbar. Do you know any other? Thanks.

Prokop

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

mouse pointer displays Spanish translation of English words

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »