Autor vlákna: Pernilla Johansson
Pernilla Johansson
Pernilla Johansson  Identity Verified
Španělsko
Local time: 08:01
angličtina -> švédština
+ ...
May 9

Hi all, I'm new to this and feel a bit like an idiot. I keep on getting translation requests in my email but when I go to my dashboard, I can't find them anywhere. I have checked "exchange" under member activities and I have checked my message inbox. I have tried searching in "browse jobs" after the sender and every other menu item I can think of. But I can't find them.
Where do I go?

Dr. Tilmann Kleinau
Dr. Tilmann Kleinau  Identity Verified
Německo
Člen (2006)
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
Feed settings May 9

Hi Pernilla,
do you mean you are getting ProZ job offers via e-mail which you cannot find? There are feed settings for ProZ jobs you want to be shown on your dashboard.
Hope that helps...

[Edited at 2024-05-09 16:24 GMT]

Pernilla Johansson

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Itálie
Člen (2009)
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
Please explain May 10

What do you mean by "translation requests by email"? The job notifications?
Is this the dashboard you mention? https://www.proz.com/member-dashboard

Pernilla Johansson
Španělsko
angličtina -> švédština
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Thanks May 10

Thanks guys, that helps a little bit. I thought that once you get a request in your regular email inbox, you would see it in a private inbox in the Proz portal (website or app). Not among the general Job notifications for everybody. Another curiosity: I sent my first ever quote to a potential client yesterday and I can't see that interaction anywhere in the portal. Wouldn't I be able to see it somewhere so I can keep track of which quotes I have sent to whom? They are not in "Collaboration requ... See more
Thanks guys, that helps a little bit. I thought that once you get a request in your regular email inbox, you would see it in a private inbox in the Proz portal (website or app). Not among the general Job notifications for everybody. Another curiosity: I sent my first ever quote to a potential client yesterday and I can't see that interaction anywhere in the portal. Wouldn't I be able to see it somewhere so I can keep track of which quotes I have sent to whom? They are not in "Collaboration requests", nor in "Profile visitors". It seems like I need to take a beginner's class, but perhaps you could just guide me in the above? I promise, I'll try to find basic training somewhere - perhaps you can direct me to the right place for that?

[Edited at 2024-05-10 09:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-05-10 09:12 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-05-10 09:13 GMT]
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Itálie
Člen (2009)
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
visit all parts of the page May 10

Pernilla Johansson wrote:

I sent my first ever quote to a potential client yesterday and I can't see that interaction anywhere in the portal. Wouldn't I be able to see it somewhere so I can keep track of which quotes I have sent to whom?

I'd suggest to take some time to check and test the menu items (top of the page - Terminology, Jobs, Activities etc.). Click on all the options there and see where they'll lead you.

Hint:
Under Jobs > More, you'll find My Quotes (or something similar, my menu is localised into German).

expressisverbis
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugalsko
Local time: 07:01
Člen (2015)
angličtina -> portugalština
+ ...
I'm not sure if this is you are looking for... May 10

Pernilla Johansson wrote:

Thanks guys, that helps a little bit. I thought that once you get a request in your regular email inbox, you would see it in a private inbox in the Proz portal (website or app). Not on the Jobs notifications tab. Another curiosity: I sent my first ever quote to a potential client yesterday and I can't see that interaction anywhere in the portal. Wouldn't I be able to see it somewhere so I can keep track of which quotes I have sent to whom? They are not in "Collaboration requests", nor in "Profile visitors". It seems like I need to take a beginner's class, but perhaps you could just guide me in the above? I promise, I'll try to find basic training somewhere - perhaps you can direct me to the right place for that?

[Edited at 2024-05-10 09:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-05-10 09:12 GMT]

To check the job board, go to https://www.proz.com/language-jobs?lp[]=my_lps&f[]=my_fields

I'm not aware of any "private inbox in the Proz portal". For communications you have Proz.com Messages in the top right corner of the screen.

To see your job quotes, go to https://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/

Angie Garbarino

Pernilla Johansson
Španělsko
angličtina -> švédština
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Thank you! May 10

Thanks for helping a newbie, I think I'm all set for now.
There are so many menu options that it's easy getting lost.
I'll be a pro in no time, but in the beginning here it has been quite confusing.
Thanks all and have a fantastic weekend!

Zea_Mays
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email requests don't show on dashboard

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »