Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:04
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 22, 2018

Sorry for the bad topic description... here's my problem:

One of my clients provides documents which are partly written in Dutch, partly in English. The documents follow a template, but sometimes certain paragraphs are written in Dutch, the next time in English, etc.

I'm supposed to make two documents out of this, one 100% Dutch, one 100% English.

Just for the record, I don't have a TM for this client (yet), and help how to organize such a TM is appreciated
... See more
Sorry for the bad topic description... here's my problem:

One of my clients provides documents which are partly written in Dutch, partly in English. The documents follow a template, but sometimes certain paragraphs are written in Dutch, the next time in English, etc.

I'm supposed to make two documents out of this, one 100% Dutch, one 100% English.

Just for the record, I don't have a TM for this client (yet), and help how to organize such a TM is appreciated.

I'm sure I could automate part of this process in MemoQ but I'm a little lost how to proceed...

[Bijgewerkt op 2018-02-22 20:12 GMT]
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 00:04
German to English
+ ...
Bilingual translation Feb 23, 2018

Is there some way of identifying the different parts (other than looking at the language)? If so, file tagging with regular expressions would be a possibility.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automate a bilingual translation?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »