Studio 2015 message error: Access to the path 'D:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-18' is denied.
Thread poster: Sabine Fajerwerg
Sabine Fajerwerg
Sabine Fajerwerg  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:42
German to French
+ ...
Aug 25, 2016

Hi everybody!
I have been using Studio 2015 for a few days without any problem, but suddenly I cannot open the packages sent by my customers! I get the following error message: "Access to the path 'D:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-18' is denied."
Have you already encountered this issue? Could someone help?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Sabine

Josip_Zubak
Josip_Zubak
Croatia
Same problem !!! Oct 29, 2016

Hi

Has anybody a solution for this ???
I have the same problem

First i had a problem with too long paths so i uncheked the "automaticly add name to project (something similar, i cant access that option anymore so i can't copy the exact words) and after that i uncheked the box under that and now i am not more able to access that options anymore.

I searched the whole option and setup but can't find it so please help !!!

[Edited at 2016-10-29 11:1
... See more
Hi

Has anybody a solution for this ???
I have the same problem

First i had a problem with too long paths so i uncheked the "automaticly add name to project (something similar, i cant access that option anymore so i can't copy the exact words) and after that i uncheked the box under that and now i am not more able to access that options anymore.

I searched the whole option and setup but can't find it so please help !!!

[Edited at 2016-10-29 11:17 GMT]
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
French to English
+ ...
Restore the file from recycle bin Oct 29, 2016

The file reference Studio is trying to access points to the recycle bin. As the bin contents are not programmatically accessible, you need to restore that file from the bin first, and then access it at the original location where it was before deletion. Now, the question is whether this file is a part of your project or it is only referenced indirectly. In the latter case, you may have to do some digging to find the file/folder reference you need to adjust.

[Edited at 2016-10-29 17:48 GMT
... See more
The file reference Studio is trying to access points to the recycle bin. As the bin contents are not programmatically accessible, you need to restore that file from the bin first, and then access it at the original location where it was before deletion. Now, the question is whether this file is a part of your project or it is only referenced indirectly. In the latter case, you may have to do some digging to find the file/folder reference you need to adjust.

[Edited at 2016-10-29 17:48 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas O'Gara
Thomas O'Gara  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:42
Member (2011)
Russian to English
+ ...
Access to the path 'C\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-8' is denied Jun 28, 2017

I tried to lad a package on Studio 2015 yesterday which failed to open. I then deleted the package and downloaded it again. I then began receiving the above message, and I could not access the new download.

I deleted the old package file from the recycle bin, so I can't restore it.

Now Studio refuses to open any new packages at all, and sends me the same error message. Help!

Sabine Fajerwerg
Sabine Fajerwerg  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try to create a new package with any file Jun 28, 2017

When I encountered the problem, I tried something and my problem was suddenly solved:
I created a brand new package with some Word file (for example) with my own path, Tm, etc., opened it as if to translate it, then closed it. And after that I was able to open the package sent by my customer. It seems that Studio was getting lost with the paths after the deletion of a former package and that creating a new package with another file just put it back on the tracks! Maybe it will also work fo
... See more
When I encountered the problem, I tried something and my problem was suddenly solved:
I created a brand new package with some Word file (for example) with my own path, Tm, etc., opened it as if to translate it, then closed it. And after that I was able to open the package sent by my customer. It seems that Studio was getting lost with the paths after the deletion of a former package and that creating a new package with another file just put it back on the tracks! Maybe it will also work for you. Good luck!
Collapse

SandraV
SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:42
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello Thomas, Sep 26, 2018

Thomas O'Gara wrote:

I tried to lad a package on Studio 2015 yesterday which failed to open. I then deleted the package and downloaded it again. I then began receiving the above message, and I could not access the new download.

Now Studio refuses to open any new packages at all, and sends me the same error message. Help!

SandraV
Mexico
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello Thomas, Sep 26, 2018

Thomas O'Gara wrote:

SandraV
Mexico
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you find a solution for this? I am having the same problem! Sep 26, 2018

SandraV wrote:

Thomas O'Gara wrote:

Hello Thomas. I am having exactly the same problem with Studio 2015 and I'm going crazy trying to find a solution. Have you find a solution to this problem? I will really appreciate it if you could share the solution, please.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 message error: Access to the path 'D:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-18' is denied.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »